Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dreaming of Nurseries

Tonight my Mother-In-Law announced that she wants to buy our nursery furniture. Of course Mike and I are unbelievably grateful because nursery furniture is crazy expensive. I plan on going into full nursery planning mode once we find out the gender this Sunday and now I'm even more excited since I'll get to pick out and order the furniture!! 

I've already given some thought to nursery themes and I guess the best way to explain my style is classic, peaceful, not too baby themed, if that makes sense. I want it to feel like a nursery but not necessarily be crammed with stuff that screams "baby nursery" because I want it to be something that the baby can grow into. I've been looking online at so many nurseries to get inspiration and I'm loving all the grey nurseries that I'm seeing. Regardless of if it is a boy or girl, I'm definitely going to have soft grey be a main color. If it's a girl I'll accent it with soft pink, and if it's a boy I'll use turquoise and maybe lime green accents. When it comes to furniture I know that I want to go with white for a girl and a dark wood (maybe espresso colored?) for a boy. 

I must admit that I have mainly been thinking/looking at girl rooms because that's what I'm feeling like I am going to have (we'll see on Sunday!). The other day I was looking at crib bedding and absolutely fell in love with a specific set. I honestly can't stop thinking about it and if I am having a girl I'm going to theme the entire nursery around this bedding. I love the combination of patterns and solids, and I am completely obsessed with the 3 tier ruffled skirt!!

Pink and Gray Chevron by Carousel Designs
So I guess that is a pretty good example of what I mean when I say "not too baby themed". I think that room is peaceful and definitely fits a baby but it isn't filled with cartoon animals or anything like that. Hopefully that makes sense.

I've also recently discovered Etsy and can't believe it's taken me this long to get into it. I've gotten so many ideas on there. For example, I found this woman who sells large wall decals and I really love one in specific that I am pretty sure I'll get and put next to the crib.

Large Cherry Blossom Tree by SurfaceInspired on Etsy
It's going to be pretty comical if I end up being totally wrong and have a boy, because all of this planning and obsessing will be for nothing! Either way I really just want to know so I can get a move on with everything. Nesting has definitely kicked in and I feel like in the blink of an eye our baby is going to be here so I need to get ready. Mike keeps telling me that I'm crazy and we have tons of time. But I remember him saying that when we were planning our wedding and even he admits that time got away from us and we were rushing like crazy people in the end to get everything done. I can't do that this time, especially since I'll be a big ol' pregnant lady and won't be capable of pulling all nighters... Ugh, can Sunday please get here already?



7 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the nursery bedding!! I was the same way when I looked...didn't even bother with the girl stuff because I was so convinced we were having a boy. Thank goodness I was right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable. I am also planning a gray/pink (girl) or gray/yellow (boy) and have found so many ideas on Etsy. We are going with an elephant theme so that will work with either sex. You are so lucky you will know on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the three tiered skirt! So cute! We are finding out the sex this weekend too. I hope we are both right about our instincts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you already far enough along to find out the sex?! It seems like just yesterday you found out you were pregnant! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? We opted to pay for a 3D/4D ultrasound package that includes early gender determination and then a later 4D appointment. My OB won't do the anatomy scan until 20 weeks and there was NO WAY i could wait that long to find out!

      Delete
  5. We are SO on the same page about nursery options. I was just telling my mom the other night that i dont want the nursery to be overwhelming babyish but very modern and serene. and i think i'm going to do the tree and name thing, too!

    I cannot believe you are finding out the sex so early!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chevron!
    ...and Sunday???
    That's TOMORROW!
    How exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete