Thursday, December 13, 2012

Fun Day

Today was a fun day!! 

First, Mike and I went out to test drive the car that I'm pretty sure we are going to buy to replace my smashed civic. We are looking at the Toyota Venza. It's definitely bigger then my civic so I think it's a great family friendly sized car with plenty of space for all the junk that comes along with babies when you're traveling. Last May Mike's truck needed a new engine which wouldn't have been worth the cost so we started looking at possible new cars for him and that's when we first saw the Venza. It ended up that our insurance company covered the engine so we stopped looking into cars. At the time Mike said that while he liked it, he wouldn't want it as his car because he felt it was a modern day mini van type car, lol. Well, my car is the one being replaced now so I'm going with the Venza!! As it turns out Mike loved it when we test drove it today. It drove so smoothly and the one we are looking at has tons of cool features and gadgets for him to play with so he's a happy camper. It's pretty much decided at this point; I'm just waiting for our insurance to fork over the cash for my totaled car. I'm definitely NOT happy that both our cars were paid off and now we are going to have to have a monthly car payment. The timing was crappy, for sure! But since there's nothing I can do about it now I've decided that I'm going to allow myself to be excited, after all who doesn't love new cars?!?!


After our fun test driving excursion we were passing the mall and I decided it was time to bite the bullet and finally buy some maternity clothes! I just couldn't take wearing exclusively leggings anymore and my pre-pregnancy jeans are way uncomfortable at this point. Also, as much as I love leggings, I don't like wearing them with shirts that don't at least semi cover my butt and it's hard to find longer shirts in normal clothes. As a result of this I have literally been recycling a very limited amount of outfits every day. I must admit I was very hesitant and slightly overwhelmed when looking at the maternity jeans but I ended up just taking a bunch into a dressing room to see what they were like. I ended up only getting 1 pair of jeans today but they are sooooooo comfy and I love them! I also bought 2 tees (1 short sleeved and 1 3/4 sleeved) and 1 sweater. Mike had a bit of a heart attack when he saw the total price and I had to talk him down off a cliff. I'm not going to go crazy on maternity clothes because realistically it's only a temporary wardrobe but at the same time I need to accept that my body is changing and I need new clothes. And as it turns out I feel so much cuter in them. I feel like they look like clothes that actually fit and show off my belly instead of just looking like I'm fat and wearing a loose sweater, if that makes sense. 

So anyways, here's a pic of me in my new jeans (which you can hardly see) and one of my new tops. P.S. I am fully aware that I should not "look" pregnant at 9 weeks and it is mainly all bloat and IVF weight but I'm going to choose to believe it is a little baby bump because that's cuter then fat!


3 comments:

  1. Yay for new cars!! Your baby bump is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you go get your maternity clothes? None of my jeans are cutting it anymore and i'm living in leggings and dresses and stretchy jeans. I'm at lost where to shop for clothes, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went to Macy's since I was already there. Most of the stuff they have is Motherhood brand...

      Delete