Thursday, July 26, 2012

Look what came today!!

Look what the wonderful UPS man delivered today!!

It's truly terrifying to see all those needles! I must admit i unpacked everything like a kid on Christmas day, going through everything piece by piece. I can't be the only one who feels like I could be running a pharmacy out of my house, can I? As scary and overwhelming as it may be it's also a sign that things are progressing and we are really doing this. 


What exactly is all that, you may ask? 

  • Bravelle
  • Menopur
  • Novarel
  • Estradiol Valerate
  • Doxycycline
  • Medrol
  • Valium (scary that i need that!!)
  • And a TON of syringes
However, I was confused to find several medications on my list not there. I was missing Ganirelix, Progesterone in Oil, and Leuprolide. This is where my nightmare began...

After many calls to my insurance's specialty pharmacy (I have Aetna so I'm going through CVS/Caremark) I was told that the PIO and Leuprolide only have a shelf life of 30 days so they don't want to ship those to me until closer to the date (which I don't quite understand because I'm scheduled to take them in less then 30 days but i'll humor the insurance company and just wait a week I guess). Then I was told that Ganirelix is apparently back ordered nationwide (how does that happen??). They told me to try calling Freedom Pharmacy because they supposedly had some. I tried that but was shut down immediately. Freedom said that they will only give it to people who are ordering their entire cycle worth of meds through them. Um ok... My RE said that they were going to try and order them "as office supplies" and then i'd just have to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed from my insurance company. Thankfully, I got a call from CVS/Caremark today saying that they got some Ganirelix in today and are going to have it shipped to me tomorrow! Yay!! Then I was told that I wouldn't be able to get the Leuprolide through them because apparently California has some strange law regarding shipping it (why wasn't this told to me earlier when I was talking to them about why it didn't ship initially?).Ugh! So now it looks like I'm going to have to order that through my RE and pay for it out of pocket (they said it will probably be about $115). It's just frustrating that I have to call around and figure all this out... I guess it's all sorted out now so all I have left to do is get the PIO shipped to me in a week or so and then just sit back and take my shots...

No comments:

Post a Comment