Thursday, July 26, 2012

This is going to take how long?!?!


Am I the only one who was shocked to find out an IVF cycle is a month and a half long?? When I found out we were going to be doing IVF this cycle I was excited to get my period and get the show on the road. I started taking birth control pills – that threw me for a loop too because it seems counterintuitive– and thought I’d get going with injections any day. Imagine my surprise when I got my schedule and saw that I was going to have ANOTHER period before everything happened! Ugh, I’m obviously going to have to learn a thing or two about patience. One thing I have been doing that I find really helps me feel productive (warning: I might have a slight OCD problem) is every morning when I wake up and take my pill I highlight that day on my regimen calendar, kind of like crossing a day off a calendar. At this point I’m only taking a birth control pill so it feels like nothing is happening; this somehow makes me feel like I’m making progress. I told ya’ I have OCD!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very excited to follow along on your journey here! Sending loads of good vibes and baby dust your way!!!

    ReplyDelete