Saturday, March 2, 2013

18 Weeks

Just a little update on me before I get to my weekly bump update... 

I had another doctor's appointment since my last post and I'm happy to report everything is going as planned. Mike got to hear Emma's heart beat on the Doppler for the first time! And best of all, I was surprised that I got to have my level 2 anatomy scan the following day. If you don't know what that is, it's an ultrasound typically given around 18-22 weeks to a) determine gender and b) look in depth at how the baby is developing to determine if there are any abnormalities. The tech confirmed it's a girl (phew!) and said everything looked perfectly normal. It was pretty cool getting to see all the organs and all her measurements...

Also, Mike and I decided to take a little weekend getaway this past weekend since Mike had all three days off. We went down to San Diego and mainly hung out by the pool all day and walked around the town at night, but it was SO what we needed! It's really starting to sink in that we are nearing the end of just me and Mike time, soon Emma will be in the mix. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm trying to relish every moment I get alone with Mike before Emma arrives. It was great to be away, not have any stress, and just be together. I was stressing out about wearing a swim suit, but I eventually got over it. I haven't gone swimming since I became pregnant and my old swim suit had seen better days so I needed to get a new suit. I've always been a bikini girl so I wasn't loving all the tankinis and one pieces, they made me feel frumpy and fat. I honestly felt like crying in the dressing room! But Mike helped convince me that I looked amazing and had nothing to worry about so I ended up buying a cute maternity one piece and enjoyed my time by the pool. I will, however, be on the lookout for a couple other swim suits I can wear this summer that I love so that I can feel super confident!

While in San Diego Mike let me eat like a queen! I shouldn't say that since Mike pretty much gives in to all my cravings anyways, but he definitely indulged me this weekend. I had the best food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And the best part of all, I had amazing desserts each night! I read about a place called Chocolat that had amazing reviews for desserts so we went there after dinner the first night and had a Chocolate Cherry Souffle that was to die for! My mouth is seriously watering just thinking about it. And then the next night we stopped at Ghiradelli's and had the worlds largest/delicious ice cream sundae and a huge cup of Salted Carmel Hot Cocoa! Have I told you how much I love my husband?!?!

Anyways, we're back home now and it's back to the old routine. I'm currently obsessed with planning Emma's nursery. I have so many ideas but I just need to put them all together. I'll keep you posted on that. In the meantime, here is my 18 week bump.



How Far Along: 18w5d
Total Weight Gain: Still hanging in at +4 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Yup, lots of them!
Stretch Marks: Same
Sleep: Flipping from side to side is getting increasingly difficult. Last night I must have moved too suddenly and felt a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. Also, Emma is definitely not a fan of me laying on my belly for even a few minutes!
Best Moment This Week: Having my A/S and confirming it's a girl!
Miss Anything: My balance, Mike walks behind me now when I go up stairs because I frequently start to lean to one side and he's afraid I'm going to fall.
Movement: I think I might have felt that first flutter but hoping to feel more. It felt like 3 quick twitches in my lower belly. I laid there forever afterwards hoping to feel it again but nothing happened.
Food Cravings: Root Beer has officially replaced my Orange Soda obsession.
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: Nope.
Gender: Sweet baby girl - Emma Mae Mitchell
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Extreme fatigue by the end of the day, back pain, starting to really feel some round ligament pain as well. In general my belly feels pretty full.
Belly Button In or Out: Still in, yay!
Wedding Rings On or Off: On
Happy or Moody Most of the Time: Very happy and really starting to feel like this is real. I look down at my belly all the time and talk to her. I can't wait to meet this little girl!
Looking Forward To: Feeling consistent movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment