Monday, August 27, 2012

I could get used to this!

OK, so I don't have much to update you with but last night was my 2nd shot of the Delestrogen. So far, so good. I am so glad my mom gave me her advice on how to stand to make your butt muscles the most relaxed while doing the shot, that has helped a lot! And it seems like our technique of rubbing the injection site has really helped the oil to absorb well. So far no bumps or soreness. BUT.... I know it's only been 2 shots and I am only taking them every 3rd night so it may be too soon to start feeling any side effects. 

Anyways, I could really get used to the FET cycles! Seriously, this is a walk in the park compared to what a fresh IVF cycle is like. 1 shot every 3 nights, and basically just a couple pills to swallow every night is a cinch! For the first time in several months I finally feel like I'm back to old self, pre-infertility stress. My hormones seem to be back to normal, my emotions aren't all over the place, I feel completely back to my original weight (yay for no IF bloat)! I went to a BBQ this weekend at a friends house and it was the first time in a few months that we have really just relaxed and hung out and had a few drinks with our friends, and i really think it has a lot to do with how good I'm back to feeling. I pray that my 10 frosties are strong enough to make it over the years and that I can continue to simply do FET's going forward and not have to go through all the craziness and pain i had during the stimming and egg retrieval ever again. That's not to say that I don't realize I still have a lot to get through. I'm sure waiting for beta after the transfer is going to drive me insane, and if it's a BFN i know that will devastate me, but for now I'm focusing on the positive.

Well, that's it for now. Mike and I are going out of town this weekend through the beginning of next week to visit some friends in Arizona and I couldn't be happier to get away. I think my RE wants to see me around that time (he said to come back in after my 4th shot which will be Saturday) for my first monitoring appointment to check the thickness of my lining so I'm going to call him tomorrow and see if it can wait until we get back or if they want me to come in at the end of this week. If I get any updates I'll let you know. 

Until then, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment