Friday, August 31, 2012

A Slight Delay...

I went to my 2nd monitoring appointment today and found out our FET is going to be pushed back by a week. As I have said in previous posts, our main focus this time around is making my uterine lining as perfect as possible for our little embies to snuggle into. So, I guess "perfect" means that it needs to have a triple lining and be at least a 6 (in what units of measurement they are talking, i have no idea). In today's ultrasound we saw that I have a triple lining already but am only at 5 in measurement. Dr. Lee said it isn't a big deal, we'll just have to wait another week to make it thicker. So instead of planning on the transfer being next Thursday, 9/6, its going to be the following Thursday, 9/13.

This is actually a good thing because Mike and I are getting ready as we speak to go out of town for the week. First we are driving tonight to Arizona to visit some good friends for several days. I can't wait to relax by their pool, have some drinks and just laugh! Then we will be driving to The Grand Canyon. Neither of us have been since we were super young and we don't remember what it was like. It just seemed like a cool idea to stop by and see what all the fuss is about, lol! Finally, we will be staying in Laughlin, Nevada for a few nights so Mike can give his poker obsession a release and I can tan some more by the river. Anyways, we were going to have to come home a day earlier then we wanted for the transfer, which of course is way more important then any vacation. But now we don't have to worry about that and can take our sweet time.

In the meantime, Dr. Lee upped my Delestrogen shot dosage to .4CC's every 3 night instead of .3CC's.  He also wants me to move up the days by 1 day (I wasn't supposed to take my next shot until tomorrow night, but now I will be taking it tonight and then continuing on every 3rd night from there on out). It's not that big of a deal but I'm not looking forward to more of the shot. It certainly is the least painful of all my shots so I shouldn't really complain at all. Apart from the quick prick of the injection, I don't feel any pain from the needle. And the medicine certainly doesn't sting the way the Bravelle and Menopur did. But I can feel it being injected, almost like a tingly sensation and for some reason I don't like it. I guess its just a weird feeling. Oh well, what are you going to do...

Since I'll be out of town for a while I probably won't be posting again until my next monitoring appointment a week from today. Hope all is well with whoever is reading this and that you all have a great holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment