Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Whole Lot Of Gross!

Today I started using Crinone Gel and will be taking it every morning for the next month or so (assuming i get my BFP this time around). Only one word describes the experience: NASTY! It is a progesterone supplement that is meant to help aid in the implantation process. It comes in a little applicator, almost like a tampon, and is filled with goopy gel. It's pretty easy to insert, just stick it up there and squeeze. But it is such a strange feeling as it squirts up there (yes, I am going there)!! I suppose in the big picture sense it isn't bad. After all, it's not like I'm stabbing myself with another needle or anything. I just hope I don't have to deal with the seemingly common "leakage" issue (YUCK!!!). My nurse said to take it every morning because as I walk about throughout the day the movement of my body will actually help the gel coat the inside and absorb, lessening the likelihood of it leaking. If I were to apply it at night and then just lay around the house and sleep then it would accumulate and that's when it leaks. So today I helped my in-laws clean out their garage and so far no leakage, yay!

I also started Progesterone injections last night. I thought I was prepared for this shot since I've been taking Delestrogen for a couple weeks now and it is also a thick oil. But boy was I wrong! This PIO stuff is T-H-I-C-K!! Pulling it into the syringe was even hard because of how thick it was. I didn't feel anything as Mike injected it (it also goes in my upper butt/hip area) but it did take a long time to inject since it was so thick. As per our usual butt shot routine, we rubbed the injection area for a couple minutes afterwards and I have yet to feel any pain. Only time will tell though...

In other news, Mike and I have been having a lot of hypothetical conversations lately about the chances of us getting twins since we have agreed to transfer in two embryos. I must say the more we talk about it, the more positive we are about the whole idea and actually kind of excited about it, if that's even possible. Mike even keeps talking about things we will need to buy two of if we do have twins, as if it's actually going to happen and he is beginning to plan for it! While it is fun to daydream though, it does start to feel overwhelming when I really start thinking about it. I think it's the kind of thing that you shouldn't worry about until it happens though, and then just take it a day at a time... 

In the meantime, we are trying to enjoy this week before the big transfer day. We had friends over for a BBQ/pool party yesterday, we've been going to see lots of movies and going out to restaurants... I'm feeling so excited and hopeful, I just hope i don't feel unbelievably crushed if it doesn't work this month. I'm trying to not get my hopes up but how can you not? 

That's it for now. I hope you all are having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment