Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tomorrow Is The Big Day...Again

Well, by this time tomorrow I will be laying in my bed with two little embies inside me (AGAIN)!! That sentence pretty much sums up how I am feeling. I am definitely excited, don't get me wrong. I'm just cautiously excited this time. 

I'm not nervous or scared about the actual procedure since we've been through it before. I'm more nervous about finding out if it will work this time or not. Getting the call that we weren't pregnant was one of the worst days I've ever experienced, emotionally speaking. I really don't know how I will handle that news again. I know people say "hopefully you won't need to find out because maybe you'll get pregnant this time", but it is so much easier said then done. I'm terrified to allow myself to believe I might have a little baby (or babies) inside me this time because I don't want to ever feel that crushing feeling again. But at the same time, how am I going to go 2 weeks without looking at my bloated belly and thinking that just maybe there is a baby in me?

Ugh! I'm going to try REALLY hard to take it one day at a time and enjoy the experience without getting too invested (if that's even possible).

So here is a picture of what the night before a transfer looks like for me:

The top shot is Progesterone and the bottom shot is Delestrogen. The big horse pill is my prenatal (yucky), the blue capsule is Doxycycline (I take this twice a day), the two small round pills are Dexamethasone (my pharmacy only carries it in .5mg and I have to take 1mg every day), the slightly larger round pill is a Baby Aspirin, and the oval shaped pill is Medrol.

The good news is that tonight will be my last day of the Dexamethasone so that will knock out two pills that I take daily. And I only take the Doxycycline and Medrol for a total of four days. So it won't be too long until I'm down to just the prenatal and Baby Aspirin only. Of course I'll have to continue using Crinone Gel every morning, and injecting PIO nightly, as well as injecting Delsetrogen every third night but that's really not too bad.

I'm sure I will be getting a picture of the embryos like last time so I'll be sure to post it once we get home.

I'm off to shower (since I'll be in bed for the next 48 hours) and then I'm going to try and get some sleep. Wish me as much luck as you have available!!


2 comments:

  1. I've been following your story and I am praying double for you guys! Best on this leg of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found your blog on 3T at TB and I've read it all. I just want to wish you nothing but the best for this ET and I'm really hoping this cycle ends with a BFFP for you. Best wishes for you and your DH, FX!

    ReplyDelete