Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pre-Thanksgiving

I don't have much for you tonight since the morning sickness (or BS all day sickness as I call it) is kicking my butt today! 

I went grocery shopping with my mom today to get everything we need for Thanksgiving (except for the turkey which we bought a week ago to start thawing). Tomorrow we will start baking and cooking the things that can be done a day ahead of time. I should mention that my family makes everything homemade, none of the pre-prepared stuff for us!

Here is what's on the menu for our Thanksgiving (some things are traditional while others aren't):

Turkey
Ham
Biscuits
Cornbread
Honey Butter
Gravy
Cranberry-Raspberry Sauce
Mashed Potatoes 
Stuffing
Creamed Corn
Glazed Carrots
Green Beans
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate Satin Pie
Lemon Curd and Fresh Berry Trifle

I'm also making a Stuffed French Toast Casserole to eat the morning of Thanksgiving since we will be up cooking all day and probably won't eat until 5pm ish (my mom is aiming for 4pm but my family is NEVER ready on time)!


And lastly, I saw the above cute idea on Pinterest for decorating with a fall theme and decided to copy that for our dinner table on Thanksgiving. Instead of grouping them all together like in the photo, I'm going to have the wine glasses going down the length of the table. I also bought some fabric fall leaves that I'll scatter around as well. I'm hoping it looks good and will take some pictures once it's all set up.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like quite a feast! Adorable table setup as well. I need to think of something to do on our table...and pull it off tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the table! I love just about anything that can be done with wine glasses. Your menu sounds amazing - enjoy! :) *Stopping by from BlogHer*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much to be thankful for! sorry your morning sickness is all day - mine is also on and off all day, though some days i have none at all, which freaks me out of course! I love the wine glass idea and may have to steal it :)

    ReplyDelete